- Program available for grades K-6
- AM Program Begins at 7:00
- PM Session ends at 5:00
- Children must be picked up by 5:30
- Special Rates for Multiple Children
- Free and Reduced Rates Available
The Extended School Program is available for Thompson elementary students in grades kindergarten through grade six. The program is available Monday through Friday and follows the public school calendar. ESP begins at 7:00 AM in the commons. The atmosphere of the morning program is very relaxed. The students choose board games to play until they go to breakfast at 7:55 AM. When they have finished with breakfast, they go to the small gym until their classroom is open.
The afternoon program begins at 3:25 PM. Each day begins with a 15 minute outdoor recess (or in the small gym, when weather not permitting). After recess the students have a snack, which costs 80￠and is optional. This is charged monthly to the student’s lunch account. At 4:00 PM structured activities begin.
- Kindergarten and first grade have centers two days per week. The other days are filled with Physical Education, Character Education, and Arts and Crafts.
- Second and third grades focus more on big projects, such as building bridges, learning how to play chess, science experiments, and art projects.
- Grades four through six begin their homework at 3:45 PM and continue until 4:30 PM. Students who stay after school only for Homework Club check themselves out at 4:30 PM. Enrichment club students stay and work on different activities each day until 5:00 PM.
At 5:00 PM all ESP students meet in the commons for check out time. They choose a board game to play until they are checked out by their parents. All ESP students must be picked up by 5:30 PM.