January 30 @ 6:30 pm – Informational Meeting in school commons area
March 2 - Pre-registration & program fees due
March 23 at noon – Last day to register with the League
March 23 at 6:30 p.m. - Mandatory Safety Meeting & Orientation at GF Gun Club
Practice & Competition Shooting at 6:00 p.m.
March 30 – Practice week 1
April 6 – Practice week 2
April 13 – Reserve week
April 20 – Competition week 1
April 27 – Competition week 2
May 4 – Competition week 3
May 11 – Competition week 4
May 18 – Competition week 5
May 28 – Fun shoot & picnic (time TBD)
June 4 - Practice for State Tournament
June 11 - Practice for State Tournament
June 13 or 14 – ND State Tournament in Horace, ND
*Schedule changes will be updated in the Team App
Evie Janousek (10)
Nathan Sundberg (9)
Nicolas Berthold (9)
Aidan Raney (8)
Jack Kolling (8)
Jack Lund (8)
Kate Janousek (8)
Parker Fichtner (8)
Zane Schumacher (8)
Jesse Hegg (7)
Kaden Bittner (7)
Other Shooting Opportunities
The GF Gun club has open shooting on the following days:
- April/May: Wednesdays & Thursdays from 5:30 - 8:00 and Sundays from 1:00 - 3:00
- June/July/August: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 5:30 - 9:00
- For schedule changes, follow them on Facebook Grand Forks Gun Club
Summer Youth League
The GF Gun Club hosts a youth trapshooting league June through August. This is open to youth ages 11-18. Watch the Grand Forks Gun Club Facebook page for updates, or contact us for information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join the team?
- Students in grades 7 through 12
When do you register?
- Pre-registration is due March 2 so targets and shells can be ordered at a discounted price. Each student must register with the North Dakota High School Clay Target League by March 23 at noon. Information on the League can be found at ndclaytarget.com. Contact Mike Collings or Devona Janousek for registration information.
What are the requirements of being on the team?
- Possess a North Dakota Firearms/Hunter Safety Certificate
- Have a current athletic physical on file with the school
- Meet all school eligibility requirements
Do you need to have your own shotgun?
- No. The Grand Forks Gun Club has loaner shotguns available.
How much does it cost?
- Cost will vary by year depending on costs of shells and targets each year, as well as sponsorships and fundraising. For Spring 2020, the cost to each shooter is $222. There is an additional fee if a shooter chooses to attend the State Tournament.
Where does shooting take place?
- Grand Forks Gun Club, 6950 Gateway Drive, Grand Forks
Mike Collings, Head Coach 701-213-2405
Devona Janousek, Team Manager 701-371-8851