Thompson has been placed in Class 1A Conference 2. We'll be shooting against the following schools:
March 17 @ 1 pm – Mandatory safety meeting
March 24 @ 1 pm - Orientation
Practice and competition shooting
(all dates 6 pm at the Grand Forks Gun Club)
April 1 – Practice week 1
April 8 – Practice week 2
April 15 – Reserve week
April 22 – Competition week 1
April 29 – Competition week 2
May 6 – Competition week 3
May 13 – Competition week 4
May 20 – Competition week 5
May 30 – Fun shoot
Other Shooting Opportunities
The GF Gun club has open shooting on the following days:
- April/May: Wednesdays & Thursdays from 5:30 - 8:00 and Sundays from 1:00 - 3:00
- June/July/August: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 5:30 - 9:00
- For schedule changes, follow them on Facebook Grand Forks Gun Club
Summer Youth League
The GF Gun Club hosts a youth trapshooting league Mondays 6:00 - 8:00 June 3 through August 26. This is open to youth ages 11-18. The cost is $106, which includes targets. Shooters bring their own shells. Registration is at the GF Gun Club.
May 6: Deadline to register for the State Tournament. All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards. The $35 entry fee is due at time of registration.
May 26: National Championship qualifying student athletes and teams posted.
May 28: National Championship qualifying student athletes and teams registration begins. Please see usaclaytargetchampionship.com for more information. Registration closes when full.
State Tournament: June 15 in Horace, ND
National Championship: July 10-14 in Mason, MI
Aidan Raney (7)
Evie Janousek (9)
Jack Kolling (7)
Jack Lund (7)
Kate Janousek (7)
Nathan Sundberg (8)
Nicholas Berthold (8)
Parker Fichtner (7)
Riley Stoe (12)
Sarah Grossbauer (12)
Trevin Applegren (8)
Tyler Schobinger (12)
Zane Schumacher (7)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join the team?
- Students in grades 7 through 12
When do you register?
- Registration takes places in February/March. The team requests a commitment in late February so that targets and shells can be ordered at a discounted price. Each student must register with the North Dakota High School Clay Target League in mid-March. Information on the League can be found at ndclaytarget.com.
What are the requirements of being on the team?
- Possess a North Dakota Firearms/Hunter Safety Certificate
- Have a current athletic physical on file with the school
- Meet all school eligibility requirements
Do you need to have your own shotgun?
- No. The Grand Forks Gun Club has loaner shotguns available.
How much does it cost?
- Cost will vary by year depending on costs of shells and targets each year. For 2019, the cost to each shooter was $297. There is an additional fee if a shooter chooses to attend the State Tournament.
Where does shooting take place?
- Grand Forks Gun Club, 6950 Gateway Drive, Grand Forks
Mike Collings, Head Coach 701-213-2405
Devona Janousek, Team Manager 701-371-8851